Where do you get your inventory to sell?
Homeowners who are redecorating, moving, or just downsizing will bring in selected items. Business owners who need to rotate or liquidate their inventory also frequently bring in their items. Estate management additionally makes up a sizeable portion of our inventory. Dealers of jewelry, art, antiques, and more are encouraged to put items in our auctions as well!
How do I consign my items for Auction?
The entire process is very simple, whether you’re bringing in items or need us to pick up your estate of items.
- You bring in your items for consignment during regular business hours or call to schedule a pickup with our staff. When scheduling a pickup, its good to be mindful of the things our staff may need to be aware of. There are many factors that our auction staff need to know before we can send our moving crew to your location. Many times, a representative from Midway will schedule an initial evaluation at your home to access the unknowns. For example, Is there driveway space enough for a trailer? Do we need special moving equipment for flights of stairs? Do you need help boxing up your items? Do you need us to provide boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, etc.? Do you need to have items picked up before a specific date? All these factors and more are things we need answers to before pickup day. Scheduling a pickup is no problem and something our staff is very familiar with.
- We will assign you a consignor number to identify your specific items. Your items will then be tagged with that number, sorted, and displayed
- We will photograph and advertise your item for sale on our website.
- We sell your item to the highest bidder on auction day.
- We will mail you your consignment paycheck with a detailed listing of what items sold and how much money each item sold for. Consignors (sellers) may receive several checks as all your items may take several auctions to get through depending on volume of goods.
What kind of items do you accept?
We accept any good quality items that are clean and in good working condition, such as furniture, antiques, glassware, house wares, collectibles, tools, sporting goods, firearms and hunting equipment, lawn and garden items, vehicles, trailers, boats, etc. PLEASE NO clothing, outdated electronic equipment, leftover box lot items from yard sales, old TVs or entertainment centers, particle/press board furniture or worn/dirty upholstered furniture. Please call first if you have questions. We accept consignments during normal working hours Monday through Friday 9AM to 3PM. For large truck loads, or if you need to utilize our pick-up service, please call ahead.
What is a buyer’s premium and how much is it?
A buyer’s premium is an additional percentage charged on top of the “hammer price” or winning bid of an auction item, paid to the auction house by the buyer. A buyer’s premium is a necessary contribution to the house’s administrative efforts in conducting the auction. Midway charges a flat 10% buyer’s premium. This is a standard rate with many/most auction companies.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and credit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover.
How do I bid at auction?
Visit the auction office to obtain your bid number. Identification will be required at your first auction. Once you decide you would like to bid, hold your bid number high so that the auctioneer will see you as you are bidding.
Please remember, a bid is a verbal contract between you and the auctioneer. If you are the high bidder and the auctioneer declares the item sold, it is now your responsibility to secure the item and pay for it.